openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "roger.keays" <roger.ke...@ninthavenue.com.au>
Subject Re: how to disable toplink?
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 05:41:33 GMT

Craig L Russell wrote:

> The issue with this is in Persistence. The results of finding the
> services the very first time is cached in a static variable. The only
> way I can see to make this work is to use your own version of
> Persistence that is also deployed in your WAR file. If you use the
> Persistence.class that is shared in the server, you can never see the
> provider in your WAR file. So you would have to use the non-
> delegating WAR file loader along with your own copy of the
> persistence.jar that contains Persistence.class.

That was my original plan, but it seems that you can't actually do this
since, according to SRV2.4 #9.7.2:
"servlet containers that are part of a J2EE product should not allow the
application to
override J2SE or J2EE platform classes, such as those in java.* and javax.*
namespaces, that either J2SE or J2EE do not allow to be modified."

So the container is right to load it's own Persistence.class instead of
yours, and the only correct way is to install the persistence provider into
the container itself. Unless of course you just...

PersistenceProvider provider = new
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl();
EntityManagerFactory emf = provider.createEntityManagerFactory("default");

:)

(note, I'm not using dependency injection here)