openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "roger.keays" <roger.ke...@ninthavenue.com.au>
Subject how to disable toplink?
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 04:59:03 GMT

Is anybody aware of an effective way to ensure that the openjpa jars
distributed in a WAR are used for the persistence implementation? I have
tried

in persistence.xml, and

javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider=org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl

in the emf properties map but neither appear to work. This problem occurs
when deploying to Glassfish, oc4j and (to a lesser extent) Resin (resin
provides a buggy ejb30.jar). It seems to be a classloading problem, because
these containers load the Persistence.class from their own lib instead of
the webapp's. Since that class can't find openjpa, it just falls back to
toplink. I had expected the webapp's classes to be loaded in preference to
the containers though.

Any suggestions?

Roger