openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "roger.keays" <roger.ke...@ninthavenue.com.au>
Subject Escaping reserved words in generated sql?
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:41:35 GMT

Some of the field names on my entities are reserved words in Oracle (comment,
type, level, size, index) and Mysql (index). I noticed that although the
DBDictionaries for these database include some of these names, the generated
SQL does not quote those tokens appropriately:

Caused by: <2|false|0.9.6-incubating>
org.apache.openjpa.util.StoreException: ORA-01747: invalid
user.table.column, table.column, or column specification
 {prepstmnt 17689439 INSERT INTO FB_BLOBS (contentType, filename, size)
VALUES (?, ?, ?)

If I execute the statement manually, quoting the "size" token, it is okay.

Why doesn't openjpa do this for me? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Roger