openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From DonBrady <dbr...@pobox.com>
Subject Replacing Entities while Managed
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:50:29 GMT

We are converting a TopLink Essentials application to OpenJPA

Under Toplink Essentials, we could replace a managed entity with another
that had the same identity (key) by doing a merge.

When we try this in OpenJPA, we get the following error:

An object of type "com.xxx.entity.entities.FeCmeCommittee" with oid "48"
already exists in this context; another cannot be persisted.

However, "48" is actually the identity or key, not the oid.  The oid's are
different.     They key is the same and therefore it should be possible to
replace it via a merge.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Don