openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Holloway <t...@mousetech.com>
Subject Mapping
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:42:51 GMT
Apologies for breaking the thread. The predecessor messages have
vanished from my inbox.

I tried the 0.9.7 release. orm.xml looks much better. It even resolved
my issues with one-to-many relations.

It's not usable "as is", but it's a lot closer. I have to manually tweak
the results for the following items. I don't know if all of them are
possible - or even desirable to address, but for what it's worth:

1. Schema names are not output. Up until about 2 weeks ago, that would
have mattered for me. I had some cross-schema apps in my care.

2. Sequence generators are not declared. Considering portability issues,
maybe they shouldn't be, but it's an extra item I have to paste in.

3. Key generation is not declared. I don't know if it should be, however.

 Anyway, thanks for addressing the  naming stuff. That was by far the
biggest overhead!

  Tim