openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Holloway <t...@mousetech.com>
Subject Mapping
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:19:31 GMT
1. The reverse mapping tool creates an orm.xml but not annotations on
generated Java code. Any plans on this?

2. I fed an orm.xml to Hibernate 3. It works, but if Hibernate is clever
enough to automatically translate between camelCase Java names and
underscore-punctuated database names, it's beyond my limited skill. I
had to manually insert name elements into the orm.xml for complex table
and column definitions to make it function. It's good that openjpa is
smarter than that, but on the whole, I think I'd prefer the more
complete orm definition - or at least an option for it. For one thing,
I'm not sure what the implications are when people start meddling with
the generated items and define a situation where there's no simple
algorithmic conversion between Java name and the database name.

  Tim Holloway