openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Holloway <t...@mousetech.com>
Subject Re: Dumb User Question
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:34:27 GMT
Abe White wrote:
> The error message is from the XML parser; we don't have much control
> over it.  How about posting your persistence.xml?
> by email and then delete it.
If it looks familiar, it's because for starters I just copied the
sample. Once get something parseable, then I'll adapt it.

I looked over the openjpa sources, and it appears that the XML is being
handled in nonvalidating mode. I think that attaching the DTD might
help. A custom entity resolver allows you to embed the DTD into the JAR
instead of making the dreaded trip to the Internet.

I don't claim the be the all-master of Java XML parsing, but I've gotten
more than my share of practice in it lately, if I can be of assistance.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm">
  <persistence-unit name="openjpa">

    <class>tutorial.Animal</class>
    <class>tutorial.Dog</class>
    <class>tutorial.Rabbit</class>
    <class>tutorial.Snake</class>
    <properties>
      <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL"
value="jdbc:hsqldb:tutorial_database"/>
value="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"/>
      <property name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName" value="sa"/>
      <property name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword" value=""/>
      <property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=WARN, Tool=INFO"/>
    </properties>
  </persistence-unit>
</persistence>