openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Holloway <t...@mousetech.com>
Subject Dumb User Question
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:42:09 GMT
I've got a Dumb User question. Patrick has suggested that I ask here
since there's not presentlty an open-jpa-users mailing list.

I have the Schema Tool running just fine, but I had to do it by putting
all the options directly on the command line. I don't think I can do
that for the reverse-engineering tool (comfortably, anyway), so I've
tried to pass in a "-p persistence.xml" on the command line.

This is the result I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.util.MissingResourceException:
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProductDerivation:java.io.IOException:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: file:/home/timh/persistence.xml [Location:
Line: 2, C: 65]: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find
the declaration of element 'persistence'.
       at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ProductDerivations.reportErrors(ProductDerivations.java:261)

       at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ProductDerivations.load(ProductDerivations.java:209)

       at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.populateConfiguration(Configurations.java:188)

       at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.ReverseMappingTool.run(ReverseMappingTool.java:1818)

       at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.ReverseMappingTool.main(ReverseMappingTool.java:1717)

It looks like what's expected is something other than something other
than a file in the general shape of Example 6.1 in the docs, but the
message only says what it /doesn't/ want, and not what it /does/.

Can someone set me straight? Thanks.

 Tim Holloway