openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: how to disable toplink?
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:35:32 GMT
I looked at the code in
javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory and it
iterates the META-INF/services/
javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider using the context class
loader.

So, first assumption: you are using the
Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory method in your servlet init
method to locate the EMF.

The issue with this is in Persistence. The results of finding the
services the very first time is cached in a static variable. The only
way I can see to make this work is to use your own version of
Persistence that is also deployed in your WAR file. If you use the
Persistence.class that is shared in the server, you can never see the
provider in your WAR file. So you would have to use the non-
delegating WAR file loader along with your own copy of the
persistence.jar that contains Persistence.class.

If you use the server's JNDI lookup, or put the OpenJPA jar file into
the server's shared library, you should be able to avoid this issue.

Craig