openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to build an OpenJPA release
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 00:39:47 GMT

On Nov 10, 2006, at 4:13 PM, Kevin Sutter wrote:

> Thanks, Marc!  I've been monitoring your changes to this wiki page.  I
> couldn't believe all of the necessary steps for creating a
> release.  Thanks
> so much for documenting all of this.

It is kind of a pain. Maven at least performs the GPG signing and
uploading of the files for you, so that part is somewhat automatic,
but there is still a bunch of manual steps. They have a "maven-
release" plugin that does some more of the manual steps, but the last
time I tried it, it didn't work that well.

> BTW, one of my first managers taught me about getting "hit by the
> proverbial
> beer truck".  Sounds like a better way to go, don't you think?  :-)

Especially since we've all experienced at one time or another the
results of trying to program after being hit by the proverbial beer
truck.