openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: openjpa.Id property
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:49:58 GMT
Hi Patrick,

I don't think there would be an issue with calling it unitName or
persistenceUnitName, as in getUnitName() or getPersistenceUnitName().
It will be common for people to try to figure out what the Id
property from a Configuration really means so the more help we give
them the easier it will be to remember.

openjpa.unitName
openjpa.persistenceUnitName

Maybe I'm missing something obvious...

Craig

On Nov 9, 2006, at 2:19 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's useful in a number of places to get an identifier for a
> particular
> Configuration. For example, as we discussed a few months ago, it would
> be useful if the logging subsystem automatically wrote the persistence
> unit's ID along with log messages if no such ID was specified in
> the log
> configuration.
>
> Any objections to such an addition? In a JPA environment, this would
> correspond to the persistence unit's unitName attribute.
>
> Any suggestions for a better name than openjpa.Id for the property?
> This
> would result in an OpenJPAConfiguration.getId() method call that
> returned a String.
>
> -Patrick
>
> --
> Patrick Linskey