openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [SECOND ATTEMPT] publish openjpa 0.9.6-incubating release
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:04:23 GMT
Hi Geir,

On Nov 12, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> why are these zip files in the m2 repo?  I thought that was just
> for jars and such?

I don't see any policy that says that the repository must be limited
to jars and poms (aka such). Other projects have used
people.apache.org/~userid/dist/dotdotdot for artifacts under vote. m2-
incubating-repository is more convenient.

And if I understand correctly, this repository does satisfy the
incubator requirement that the artifacts are not mirrored.

Craig

> geir
>

> Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>> OpenJPA People-
>> In accordance with the Incubating Releases guidelines at  http://
>> incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases ,
>> I'd like to take a third shot at making an OpenJPA release and
>> start a vote on publishing a "0.9.6-incubating" release of
>> OpenJPA. The most recent vote failed due to some problems with the
>> notice file and some source files that were missing license headers.
>> The release candidate is at:
>>  http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/
>> openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.6-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.6-
>> incubating-binary.zip The GPG signature and MD5 checksums are at:
>>  http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/
>> openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.6-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.6-
>> incubating-binary.zip.asc  http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-
>> incubating-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.6-
>> incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.6-incubating-binary.zip.md5 The
>> sources, sources GPG signature and sources MD5 checksum are
>> available at:
>>  http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/
>> openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.6-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.6-
>> incubating-source.zip  http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-
>> repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.6-incubating/
>> openjpa-project-0.9.6-incubating-source.zip.asc  http://
>> people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/openjpa/
>> openjpa-project/0.9.6-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.6-incubating-
>> source.zip.md5 I have tagged the sources at:
>>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openjpa/tags/0.9.6-
>> incubating/
>> Please vote to publish this incubating release on the project Web
>> page:
>>   http://cwiki.apache.org/openjpa/downloads.html
>> This vote will remain open until 6:00PM EST on Wednesday November
>> 15th. A "+1" indicates that you approve of the release, a "-1"
>> indicates a vote against making a release.
>> I'll get the ball rolling by adding my own vote: +1

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!