openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULT] publish openjpa 0.9.5-incubating podling release
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:52:11 GMT
Marc--

  Quick work!  Thanks for taking care of these things.  Couple of comments:

> I didn't realize there was a de-facto minimum time

Typically, vote time runs for 3 days, which gives folks in different
time zones and day jobs enough time to have a look.

> I did follow-up with a thread on Kevin's concern

Apologies that I missed that!  It was handled exactly right and I see
that Kevin was happy with the state of the release and the future
plan.

> ...GPG signature...

Yes, GPG signatures should be made for incubating releases, and the
keys used to create these sigs should be stored in a KEYS file in the
SVN root for the project.  Note, these keys don't have to be signed.
Robert, you're likely more up-to-date on current Incubator thinking
about this than I, but that was my understanding.

> ...source distribution...

I ask because it's important to look at the release to see if the
files have the appropriate license headers.

As far as an SVN tag, Robert is right -- the Open JPA community should
decide whether to tag a release, but it's definitely a best practice.
Tagging the release provides a named point-in-time that can be used to
recreate a specific version.  It's way more convenient than having to
spin up a Java VM to find the SVN version.  :)  While you're at it,
it's also a good idea define a tag naming convention.

  Once these things are done to your collective satisfaction, can you
recreate the release and restart the vote?  In the meantime, I'll take
a look at the source distribution.

Eddie

Eddie