openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULT] publish openjpa 0.9.5-incubating podling release
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:17:57 GMT
Marc--

  A couple of comments:

#1: Since the vote has only been open for 24 hours, there may not have
been enough time for everyone to comment on the release -- while there
are already 3 +1s which are sufficient to declare a release, the
additional time allows those who haven't had time to look at the
release to provide feedback.  Typically, votes run for at least 3 days
to allow everyone time to provide feedback.
#2: While Kevin didn't -1 the release, he did -0 and it might be worth
discussing how to resolve his concern.

There are also a issues with the release package:
  - Missing NOTICE file
  - Missing Incubator DISCLAIMER
  - What is the sun.misc.Perf class file?  Can we distribute that?
  - The JAR's MANIFEST.MF file has an extra "$" character for the
Specification Vendor
  - The release needs a GPG signature

And a couple of questions:
  - Is there a source distribution of this release?  If not, why not?
  - Is there an SVN tag for this?

Eddie