openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Sequence configuration problems
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:27:02 GMT

On Oct 25, 2006, at 9:50 AM, Abe White wrote:

> You're definitely missing the JDBC bits of OpenJPA, or at least the
> JDBCProductDerivation isn't being found.  If you get the latest
> version, you can invoke the
> org.apache.openjpa.conf.ProductDerivations class's main method to
> print details about derivation loading to System.out.  You might
> also want to modify that class to have a static API to return the
> same errors that you can call within a container.

I investigated a bit further and found that if I change
PersistenceProviderImpl.ClassTransformerImpl to use a
JDBCConfigurationImpl instead of OpenJPAConfigurationImpl then the
problem goes away.  I'm reasonably certain that there is no need to
use a JDBCConfigurationImpl here in the class transformer, the
enhancing shouldn't need to know what the persistence mechanism is.
Is it possible that the OpenJPAConfigurationImpl can ignore the
properties it doesn't understand rather than objecting to them?

I've opened to track
this problem, that has a little more detail.  Given some hints I can
work towards a solution but I'm not sure where the best place to
start is.

I'd really like to get this fixed ASAP in openjpa, we are hoping to
include a jpa/openjpa preview in the next geronimo release, and this
is the only significant problem I've encountered so far.  I've
successfully converted the Daytrader performance test app to
container managed jpa and it seems to work fine with openjpa.  Next
step there is to get some performance numbers :-)

Many thanks,
david jencks

> _
> contain