openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Possible performance concerns?
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:47:32 GMT
> Fair enough.  But, unless Kodo is replacing the JPQL parsing, I
> don't see
> how you can get around this problem.  I suppose it's possible that
> other
> performance improvements could negate the performance hit
> associated with
> the reflective class loading.  But, it would seem that if Kodo 4.1
> is using
> OpenJPA, then these same type of issues would exist there.

Kodo caches compiled queries.

Also, regarding a name->type cache, we already have that in OpenJPA
with the MetaDataRepository.getMetaData(String alias, ...) method.  I
don't know anything about our JPQL parsing, but I'm sure it's already
using that method.  Maybe it tries to use both that method and then
reflective loading if no alias exists?  Does it try to load anything
other than the "from" clause members as classes?
by email and then delete it.