openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: JTA 1.1 has been published
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 01:20:09 GMT

On Oct 27, 2006, at 5:51 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2006, at 5:09 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> And why not use something from a sister project to make it better?
>

> I was operating under the assumption that Geronimo itself would
> move to use these authoritative jars. Perhaps someone from the
> Geronimo team can confirm or deny this?

That'd never happen.  Especially with javamail, activation and
corba.  They're the only clean-room ASL/BSD versions of those
libraries out there.

There's even been talk in the past of moving the specs out of
Geronimo to some sort of common area, not sure where, as there's no
reason Axis, Tomcat, ActiveMQ, and a large list of other projects
need to have "geronimo" deps on what isn't geronimo specific to begin
with.

That something you'd guys go for?

-David