openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: RollbackException.toString()
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:36:38 GMT
> Our internal testing framework, in this case, is vanilla JUnit. Seems
> like that might be a use case that we should care about, no?

IMO, you don't subject all your users to nonstandard behavior (in
this case, adding a stack to an exception's toString) to satisfy one
braindead testing harness (in this case, JUnit with Surefire,
apparently -- I haven't seen the problem myself, so I don't know the
details).  I mean, a testing harness that doesn't print the stack
trace of errors?  It's like holding back the entire class to go at
the pace of the kid in the corner with the bicycle helmet on.