openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with sequence trying to commit inside a JTA tx
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 07:31:02 GMT

On Oct 3, 2006, at 9:54 AM, Abe White wrote:

>> I'm trying to set up a really simple example inside geronimo with
>> container managed transactions/persistence contexts.  When I
>> create and persist an object the TableJDBCSeq is trying to commit
>> the connection before closing it: since it's in a JTA tx of course
>> this fails.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~mprudhom/openjpa/site/openjpa-project/
> manual/
> ref_guide_dbsetup_thirdparty.html#ref_guide_dbsetup_thirdparty_enlist
>
> See above docs on managed and XA datasources.  And right now we
> unfortunately don't have a way to set the seq type (transactional,
> etc) through JPA.  If you'd like to take the initiative to make a
> JIRA report on it, that'd be great.  I'll comment on the report you
> create with the steps necessary to expose this functionality to the
> JPA layer.

Following the advice there (and elsewhere) I managed to get my
example working!!! The main step appears to be including a non-jta
datasource.

I'm still unable to figure out how to get the tables auto-created.
Putting properties in persistence.xml or feeding them to
persistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory doesn't seem
to have any discernable effect.  Any advice on how to figure out what
is going on?

Is there an m2 plugin for running the tools for e.g. creating tables,
db scripts, etc?

With regard to your JIRA suggestion, are you saying there is no way
using these properties to choose between e.g. TableJDBCSeq and
ClassTableJDBCSeq or the oracle sequence sequence?  I'm happy to file
lots of jiras but I'd prefer to be a little more sure of what the
problem is :-)

Also, it appears that the documentation generally says property names
are e.g. openjpa.jdbc.kernel.PropertyName whereas there is some
indication in the code that they are the more correct
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.PropertyName.  Which is right?  If
they are actually as per the docs shouldn't they be changed pronto?

thanks!
david jencks