openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r465623 - in /incubator/openjpa/trunk/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/src/test/java/org/apache/openjpa/persistence/generationtype: ./ IdentityGenerationType.java TestGenerationType.java
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:30:52 GMT
Kevin --

Thanks for the test case.  Unfortunately, the test will always fail
for databases that don't support auto-assigning column values.  The
test should probably look for DBDictionary.supportsAutoAssign and
skip itself (early on, before any attempt to create the schema for
the classes involved), if auto-assigning isn't supported.  You can
then test the test, by changing the DerbyDictionary's
supportsAutoAssign to false and making sure running it still works.

On Oct 19, 2006, at 6:38 AM, kwsutter@apache.org wrote:

> Log:
> Testcase for a problem similar to the one described in OPENJPA-13.
> Revision 453016 resolved both of these problems.  We can use this
> testcase for regression purposes.

by email and then delete it.