openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sequence configuration problems
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:22:03 GMT

On Oct 24, 2006, at 5:50 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

>> Is this as it should be?  Is there some additional processing going
>> on when openjpa reads a persistence.xml file that should not happen
>> when an entityManagerFactory is created in a j2ee environment?
>
> Does this work when you run outside a container?

I haven't tried and I'm not entirely sure what the equivalent
environment would be.  The class I'm using is the AllFieldTypes
stolen from OpenJPA

> It sounds like the product derivations aren't loading properly. Are
> you
> using separate OpenJPA jars, or the single OpenJPA jar?

The non-geronimo stuff in the classloader with openjpa jars is:

         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.openjpa</groupId>
             <artifactId>openjpa-all</artifactId>
             <version>0.9.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
         </dependency>

         <dependency>
             <groupId>net.sourceforge.serp</groupId>
             <artifactId>serp</artifactId>
             <version>1.11.0</version>
         </dependency>

         <dependency>
             <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
             <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
         </dependency>

         <dependency>
             <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
             <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
         </dependency>

> Did you create a
> single OpenJPA jar from the modules on your own? Could your security
> policy be preventing OpenJPA from accessing resources?

No security policy.

Any idea where I could look for a clue about what's going on?

thanks
david jencks