openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible performance concerns?
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:32:33 GMT
On 10/27/06, Abe White <awhite@bea.com> wrote:

> Kodo has additional performance and caching features, so there may be
> hotspots in OpenJPA that don't exist in Kodo.

Fair enough.  But, unless Kodo is replacing the JPQL parsing, I don't see
how you can get around this problem.  I suppose it's possible that other
performance improvements could negate the performance hit associated with
the reflective class loading.  But, it would seem that if Kodo 4.1 is using
OpenJPA, then these same type of issues would exist there.

I'm hoping our perf
> team will do some standalone OpenJPA testing at some point, but I
> don't know when that'll be.

Maybe this is the key part of your message -- no real performance testing
has been performed yet.  So, maybe we're just now experiencing and
discovering these performance concerns at the same time.

Thanks,
Kevin