openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support of Collections of embedded and/or value types?
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 02:01:01 GMT
On 10/25/06, Abe White <awhite@bea.com> wrote:

> > I thought we (OpenJPA) supported the mapping of Collections of
> > embedded
> > types.
>
> OpenJPA never supported this.  It was accidentally left in from the
> Kodo docs.

Okay, was this a JDO feature?  Does it still make sense to have OpenJPA
support Collections and Maps of these types?  Seems like a nice feature that
would keep us consistent with Hibernate.  Actually, maybe that would be a
good exercise to see how OpenJPA matches up with Hibernate.  Any Hibernate
experts out there?

Kevin