openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Support of Collections of embedded and/or value types?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:47:22 GMT
Hi,
I thought we (OpenJPA) supported the mapping of Collections of embedded
types.  But, a user of our OpenJPA offering pointed out to me that they
couldn't get it to work.  I looked at the most recent documentation, and it
looks like section 1.6 of Chapter 4 has been modified (via SVN revision
452243) to not include this support.

It used to state:

Note
OpenJPA also supports arrays, java.lang.Number, java.util.Locale, all JDK
1.2 Set , List, and Map types,
collections and maps of immutable and embedded as well as entity types, and
many other mutable and immutable field types.
OpenJPA also allows you to plug in support for custom types.

But, now the Note states:
 Note

OpenJPA also supports arrays, java.lang.Number, java.util.Locale, all JDK
1.2 Set, List, and Map types, and many other mutable and immutable field
types. OpenJPA also allows you to plug in support for custom types.

 So, did we remove the support for Collections and Maps?  Was it ever
provided?  Should it have been provided?  I'm just wondering whether this is
something that we need to address via a defect/feature, or whether it was an
oversight in the code drop?  It sounds like Hibernate provides similar
support, so it would be good to "keep up".

Thanks,
Kevin