openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] publish openjpa 0.9.5-incubating podling release
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:43:34 GMT
-0

Although it looks like you already have the three +1 votes to publish the
0.9.5 release, I'm hesitant with this publish since the current OpenJPA
implementation is using internal WebSphere methods.  I knew about the
problem of not using the TransactionSynchronizationRegistry interface
(OPENJPA-61), but I didn't realize the implications of using internal
WebSphere methods to get around this issue.  Specifically, OpenJPA is using
the following method:

com.ibm.ws.Transaction.TransactionManagerFactory.getTransactionManager

I would like to see this get resolved before we publish the 0.9.5 release.
The OPENJPA-61 report has two aspects to it.  One is to use the new JTA
interface for Java EE 5 compliant environments.  That's one problem.  But,
the other, more immediate, problem is to remove the usage of internal
WebSphere methods for existing WebSphere environments.  We will attempt
resolve this immediate problem first.  And, then worry about the
TransactionSynchronizationRegistry.

Thanks,
Kevin