openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with sequence trying to commit inside a JTA tx
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 16:42:52 GMT
On 10/4/06, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@bea.com> wrote:

> > Following the advice there (and elsewhere) I managed to get my
> > example working!!! The main step appears to be including a non-jta
> > datasource.
>
> Cool.
>
> > I'm still unable to figure out how to get the tables auto-created.
> > Putting properties in persistence.xml or feeding them to
> > persistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory doesn't seem
> > to have any discernable effect.  Any advice on how to figure
> > out what
> > is going on?
>
> Have you set the SynchronizeMappings property?
>
> > Is there an m2 plugin for running the tools for e.g. creating
> > tables,
> > db scripts, etc?
>
> Not currently, no.

You can probably use the ant-maven plugin to run the mapping tool ant task,
or to invoke the mapping tool class directly.  It can be tricky to get the
classpath set up properly (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-8)
but those issues should be ironed out by now.

"Native" m2 plugins sound like a good idea though.

> Also, it appears that the documentation generally says
> > property names
> > are e.g. openjpa.jdbc.kernel.PropertyName whereas there is some
> > indication in the code that they are the more correct
> > org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.PropertyName.  Which is right?  If
> > they are actually as per the docs shouldn't they be changed pronto?
>
> Actually, generally they're of the form openjpa.PropertyName for
> general-purpose (non-JDBC-specific) properties, and
> openjpa.jdbc.PropertyName for JDBC-specific stuff.
>
> Personally, I think that adding the org.apache. to the beginning is more
> noisy than anything else. But obviously, it'd be possible to do so.

I agree about the noise. Adding another prefix seems pretty easy to do, but
it might just make things more confusing to accept openjpa.xxx and
org.apache.openjpa.xxxx for the same property.

--
-Michael Dick