openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From DonBrady <>
Subject Trimming Strings from Database Query Results
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 00:37:50 GMT

 If this is not an appropriate question for this list, please let me know
and I am sorry.

 I am converting a large application from toplink-essentials to openJpa.

 I do have it running now under WebSphere 6.1 accessing DB2.  I really like

 I had to specify

        <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"

to avoid exceptions retrieving character values.

I am finding that all strings had trailing blanks trimmed when retrieved in
toplink, whereas the trailing blanks are preserved in openJpa.  I can add
the many trim methods needed to my code if necessary, but I was wondering if
there is any way to do this via a property setting.  I could not find any.

Sent from the open-jpa-dev mailing list archive at

View raw message