openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JTA 1.1 has been published
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:19:36 GMT
You might ask them, but I believe that the maven folks have adopted
the name space conventions of java: the java and javax groupid
prefixes are reserved for the jcp; com.sun belongs to sun, com.oracle
belongs to oracle, org.apache belongs to apache, etc.

As long as people respect the name spaces, then everything is ok. I
believe that any trespass will be dealt with appropriately.

I understand that this doesn't accommodate Geronimo's spec-jars group
id, but I think that this just needs some special case handling. You
have to know where the Geronimo implementation is, because if you
don't, you will end up with the RI.

Craig

On Oct 29, 2006, at 6:57 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Craig L Russell wrote:
>>          <dependency>
>>             <groupId>javax.transaction</groupId>
>>             <artifactId>transaction-api</artifactId>
>>             <version>1.1</version>
>>          </dependency>
>
> I've often wondered what will happen with respect to groupId
> namespace management as the use of maven increases.  I assume that
> in theory anyone can publish a javax.transaction/transaction-api/
> 1.1 jar?   Has the maven project considered creating a registry?
>
> geir

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!