openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with sequence trying to commit inside a JTA tx
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:35:26 GMT
I'm trying to set up a really simple example inside geronimo with
container managed transactions/persistence contexts.  When I create
and persist an object the TableJDBCSeq is trying to commit the
connection before closing it: since it's in a JTA tx of course this
fails.

It looks like nothing is setting type on the AbstractJDBCSeq and I
can't detect any use of SequenceMetadata which is the only place I
can find that has code to set the type on the seq.

What am I doing wrong?  Is there some other code that could set the
type on the sequence?  Is there some way to make SequenceMetadata
kick in or even set _type on SequenceMetadata?

Code from AbstractJDBCSeq:

     protected void closeConnection(Connection conn) {
         if (conn == null)
             return;

         try {
             if (type != TYPE_TRANSACTIONAL && type != TYPE_CONTIGUOUS)
                 conn.commit();
         } catch (SQLException se) {
             throw SQLExceptions.getStore(se);
         } finally {
             try { conn.close(); } catch (SQLException se) {}
         }
     }

I think that since I'm in a JTA tx type ought to be
TYPE_TRANSACTIONAL, is this reasonable?

thanks
david jencks