openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Uploading docs for 0.9.0-incubating release
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 01:13:04 GMT
More detail.

It's not too hard to add html stuff to the site, as long as there is
some anchor for them. See http://incubator.apache.org/openjpa/
javadoc.html as an example.

The only issue is making sure folks can get to them, and that we know
how to build them and make them available.

It might be ok if only the latest release of the html manual was
available via the site. If the docs are built from sources in the
trunk, when you make a branch for release, then the manual is also
branched and any updates in the trunk will be reflected in the site
docs. The users who wanted manuals from the branch would need to have
instructions on how to build them for their use.

You might look at other Apache (e.g. Derby) projects for how they
handle this.

Craig