openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: WASTransformer
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:25:58 GMT
>> +0.5 for moving the logic in to WASManagedRuntime.main(). Go ahead
>> and move
>> it unless someone objects, there's no real need for another class.
>
> I went ahead and did this.  I also moved WASManagedRuntime's
> caching logic to its endConfiguration() callback to avoid the
> threading issues that seemed inherent in using delayed caching.
> Finally, I made the members of WASManagedRuntime private instead of
> protected, just because the rest of the codebase only uses
> protected members when a class is meant to be extended.  Let me
> know if you see problems with any of these changes.

One more thing: I removed the logging of errors that are thrown as
exceptions.  IMO, if you're throwing an exception, you're making it
the caller's choice on how to handle it, including whether to log
it.  That's been our practice throughout the codebase, anyway.
Otherwise you tend to wind up with the same errors being recorded
many times.
by email and then delete it.