openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Roytman, Alex" <Roytm...@peacetech.com>
Subject RE: Why would Kodo refuse to batch inserts in certain tables? Big performance drop migrating to Kodo 4.1
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:43:18 GMT
Hello Marc,

Yes, that's exactly the case.

I will prepare a small test case and post it shortly.

Thanks

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Prud'hommeaux [mailto:mprudhomapache@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Marc Prud'hommeaux
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 7:30 PM
To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Why would Kodo refuse to batch inserts in certain tables?
Big performance drop migrating to Kodo 4.1

Alex-

So you are saying that batching is working OK in general, just not
for a particular class? And that this particular class was batching
fine with previous versions? That is odd, although there are some
cases where we might refuse to batch a particular class (because of a
driver bug with batching certain column types, etc).

As a shot in the dark, we do work around a bug in the Oracle JDBC
driver's failure to batch date/time effectively.

Can you post the SQL log that shows the series of SQL statements that
should have been batched, but weren't? That might help shed light on it.

Also, database and JDBC driver type/version would be useful.