openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Roytman, Alex" <Roytm...@peacetech.com>
Subject Why would Kodo refuse to batch inserts in certain tables? Big performance drop migrating to Kodo 4.1
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 02:30:05 GMT
Hello,

While migrating to Kodo 4.1 I noticed significant drop in insert
performance. I trace it down to some strange batching behavior. While
most of the PC were committed with batched inserts one particular class
refused to batch and would insert row by row resulting in 10 times
performance drop.

There is nothing special about the class. Its hierarchy is mapped on
base its table except for one of the lowest members which is mapped
vertically.

Thank you very much

Alex Roytman

Peace Technology, Inc.