openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Roytman, Alex" <Roytm...@peacetech.com>
Subject CFMetaDataParser hiding exception info
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:00:51 GMT
In  classForName()

You can find plenty of statements like this

        try {

            if (fullName || noPackage)

                return Strings.toClass(name, resolve, loader);

            return Strings.toClass(pkg + "." + name, resolve, loader);

        } catch (RuntimeException re) {

        }

As result I get exception which tells me nothing about the cause:

Type "com.peacetech.dts.jdo.ContentFieldImpl" could not be instantiated.

I had to get all the sources and go through with debugger to get to real
cause:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: kodo/util/ProxyMap

Why Kodo looks for kodo.jdo.ProxyMap? Shouldn't it proxy to
org.apache.openjpa.util.ProxyMap now?

Thank you very much

Alex Roytman

Peace Technology, Inc.