openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: JTA 1.1 has been published
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:40:41 GMT

Craig L Russell wrote:
> You might ask them, but I believe that the maven folks have adopted the
> name space conventions of java: the java and javax groupid prefixes are
> reserved for the jcp; com.sun belongs to sun, com.oracle belongs to
> oracle, org.apache belongs to apache, etc.

That makes sense, except that the JCP doesn't produce any software itself.

The spec leads do.

> As long as people respect the name spaces, then everything is ok. I
> believe that any trespass will be dealt with appropriately.

How? :)

> I understand that this doesn't accommodate Geronimo's spec-jars group
> id, but I think that this just needs some special case handling. You
> have to know where the Geronimo implementation is, because if you don't,
> you will end up with the RI.

We aren't talking about implementation though, just spec jars.  I should
be able to put 'my' spec jars in the same spot in the namespace and keep
on my maven repo, right?

(This really has nothing to do w/ OpenJPA of course, but it's an
interesting question...)

geir