openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JTA 1.1 has been published
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 04:04:07 GMT
Hi Geir,

So, back to the issue at hand.

JTA  1.1 has been published. It includes interface definitions that
will be needed for OpenJPA to use the new
TransactionSynchronizationRegistry that allows us to use standard
interfaces for Java EE 5 servers in preference over proprietary
interfaces for transaction synchronization.

So it seems that we need to have a JTA 1.1 jar file. It's available
today from java.net.

When will it be available from Geronimo? This is an implementation of
a JCP specification, so there are licensing issues involved. IIUC,
Geronimo cannot publish JTA 1.1 until Geronimo passes the TCK for
Java EE 5.

Thanks,

Craig

On Oct 28, 2006, at 5:52 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Craig L Russell wrote:
>> When can Geronimo ship an upgrade to JTA 1.1 that we can use and
>> compile with 1.3?
>
> You need 1.3?  Cool.
>
> geir
>
> ( I thought you just voted to abandon 1.3)
>
>> These are "goodness" that I think OpenJPA can use.
>> Craig

>>> Just so you don't feel strong-armed, it's not an issue --
>>> whatever is good for you and your users is a-okay.
>>>
>>> -David
>>>
>> Craig Russell
>> clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Craig Russell