openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Problem with sequence trying to commit inside a JTA tx
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 16:54:47 GMT
> I'm trying to set up a really simple example inside geronimo with
> container managed transactions/persistence contexts.  When I create
> and persist an object the TableJDBCSeq is trying to commit the
> connection before closing it: since it's in a JTA tx of course this
> fails.

http://people.apache.org/~mprudhom/openjpa/site/openjpa-project/
manual/
ref_guide_dbsetup_thirdparty.html#ref_guide_dbsetup_thirdparty_enlist

See above docs on managed and XA datasources.  And right now we
unfortunately don't have a way to set the seq type (transactional,
etc) through JPA.  If you'd like to take the initiative to make a
JIRA report on it, that'd be great.  I'll comment on the report you
create with the steps necessary to expose this functionality to the
JPA layer.
by email and then delete it.