openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RollbackException.toString()
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:48:45 GMT

As with all the the org.apache.openjpa.persistence.*Exception
classes, it appears to defer to
org.apache.openjpa.util.Exceptions.toString(ExceptionInfo), whose
behavior is presumably expected. Since JDK 1.4/1.5's
Throwable.toString() doesn't print out nested exception messages, I
don't see any reason why we should. Furthermore, in cases where there
are many nested exceptions (e.g., when a rollback occurs due to many
optimistic violations, which has a nested exception per failed
instance).

Are there any specific cases where you think the toString() would be
nice to have?