openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Corbett <>
Subject Re: OpenJPA missing extensions
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 05:09:02 GMT
Thanks for the update Marc. I take it that OpenJPA will not have the
facility to map Collections of value or embedded types in the near future

Some of the extension annotations are still present (i.e.
@PersistentCollection/@PersistentMap) yet other annotations such as
@ElementColumn are gone. In fact its still possible to map sets/lists using
@PersistentCollection, however the contents of the collection are mapped as
a BLOB. I'm not sure about the story - have the differences between OpenJPA
and Kodo have been quantified or is it too early to make this information

> Steven-
> Those were actually some of the mappings that we didn't release to
> OpenJPA ... we missed removing their mention in the documentation.
> I've updated the doc source to exclude them.

View raw message