openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Corbett <scorb...@au1.ibm.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA missing extensions
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 05:09:02 GMT
Thanks for the update Marc. I take it that OpenJPA will not have the
facility to map Collections of value or embedded types in the near future
then?

Some of the extension annotations are still present (i.e.
@PersistentCollection/@PersistentMap) yet other annotations such as
@ElementColumn are gone. In fact its still possible to map sets/lists using
@PersistentCollection, however the contents of the collection are mapped as
a BLOB. I'm not sure about the story - have the differences between OpenJPA
and Kodo have been quantified or is it too early to make this information
public?

Regards,
Steve