openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: name of JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 21:56:44 GMT

> Now i wonder how good the name "JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation"
> is because it says nothing about the spec it uses

The package name of JPA is javax.persistence.  So any time there's a
class/package in OpenJPA that has "persistence" in it, it's referring
to JPA.  For the JDO equivalent in Kodo, replace "persistence" with
"JDO".

We had to name these things while the spec was still called "EJB 3",
so just be thankful we didn't wind up with "EJB" everywhere :)

> One more: why is there no openjpa.xml? I saw that it can provide
> globals (constants?) while bootstrapping but i can find none in the
> source tree.

Because you can use the JPA-standard persistence.xml instead, which
is loaded by default whenever no explicit alternate is provided,
according to the JPA spec.  The JDO spec doesn't have a default
properties file location, so kodo.properties is somewhat useful
there, but we don't expect many users to want an openjpa.xml globals
file.
by email and then delete it.