openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Noll <bwn...@gmail.com>
Subject enhancement of persistent classes
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:12:59 GMT
Hello all... was on vacation for a bit... then the day job got in the way.

Quick question for the folks more in the know than me.  Reading this
(http://people.apache.org/~mprudhom/openjpa/site/openjpa-project/manual/ref_guide_pc_enhance.html#ref_guide_pc_enhance_runtime_container),

it seems like classes must be enhanced (either at build time or runtime)
unless being deployed to a compliant EJB3 container, in which case
that's part of the container's job.

I just wanted to verify that I understand this correctly, and there's
not some way to avoid having to enhance these things that I don't know
about.  I ask because you don't have to perform any kind of enhancement
step in your build process when using Hibernate.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm missing something here, so if I said
something stupid, please be gentle.

Thanks...

Bryan