openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: question on FetchGroup
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:01:40 GMT
> But that does not seem to work.  Is this a code bug or is a
> document error?
>
> Or an error in my understanding of FetchGroup depth ?

Both a documentation error and a misunderstanding.  I'll try to
update the docs later today.  In the meantime, I don't know what you
mean when you say it "does not seem to work", but one important note
is that the MaxFetchDepth is 1 by default, so if you want to fetch
deep relations, you'll need to increase that -- either on the
FetchPlan or using the openjpa.MaxFetchDepth configuration property.
by email and then delete it.