openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann ...@logemann.org>
Subject name of JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 21:43:28 GMT
Hi,

like Kevin i am also crawling through the bootstrapping process which
has its challenges because of all its JAR-Services API woodoo. So far
i understand that OpenJPA looks for ProductDerivations in services/
org.apache.openjpa.conf.ProductDerivation file and will store all
classnames it finds. Currently of course its only one, the JPA
derived JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation. I assume that kodo users
will soon get a distro with OpenJPA.jar + KodJDOaddon.jar that will
also contain a META-INF/services/
org.apache.openjpa.conf.ProductDerivation file with a different
implementation of ProductDerivation.

Now i wonder how good the name "JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation" is
because it says nothing about the spec it uses. It clearly sets
constants like PersistenceProductDerivation.SPEC_JPA. so its
obviously JPA related ;-) Or do i miss something here? Since i dont
know the JDO side of Kodo, i can only guess here.

One more: why is there no openjpa.xml? I saw that it can provide
globals (constants?) while bootstrapping but i can find none in the
source tree.

--
regards
Marc Logemann