openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is TransactionSynchronizationRegistry used?
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:16:35 GMT
David-

We don't use TransactionSynchronizationRegistry (not yet, at least).
Instead, we manually locate the TransactionManager via appserver-
specific heuristics defined in openjpa-kernel/src/main/java/org/
apache/openjpa/ee/AutomaticManagedRuntime.java

If the Geronimo TransactionManager is accessible from JNDI or some
method invocation, you can just add it into AutomaticManagedRuntime
as a default (you can test it out by specifying the
"openjpa.ManagedRuntime" property to "jndi
(TransactionManagerName=java:/GeronimoJNDINameForTransactionManager)".

We may add support for integration via
TransactionSynchronizationRegistry in the future, but the fact that
it doesn't provide support for accessing the current Transaction
would mean that we would need to rework some OpenJPA internals.