openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Extending the OpenJPA implementation
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:18:19 GMT
>> ConfigurationProviders don't know anything about
>> PersistenceProviders,
>> of course, and need to be constructible via a no-args constructor.
>> But
>> maybe the PersistenceProviderImpl could populate the
>> ConfigurationProvdierImpl with information about which subclass of
>> PersistenceProviderImpl it should succeed for.

I've come up with the beginnings of an idea of how to fix this.  The
idea ties in nicely with something else I've been wanting to do for a
while, which is get rid of ConfigurationProviders as a service, and
do everything through ProductDerivations.

If no one has any objections, I can play around with this later in
the week.
-
by email and then delete it.