openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build data in built artifacts
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:45:37 GMT

I've gone ahead and committed something that does Bryan's suggestion:
generates a /META-INF/revision.properties file and outputs the
current Subversion revision number to it.

The org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAVersion class will load that file
and store it in the static "REVISION_NUMBER" field, as well as output
it when the main() method of that class is run.

It's not perfect, but it's better than not having the information at
all. In the future, we might want to think about writing a Maven
plugin that does this a little more smoothly.