openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: status of OpenJPA documentation
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:24:53 GMT
Bryan-

>>> - If the only thing stopping this stuff from getting to a wiki is
>>> bandwidth of the current dev team, can someone point me in the
>>> right direction so I can run with it?
>
> I think that if Marc is willing to turn over his work in progress
> to you then you can run with it. Just see if what you intend is
> more or less permanent it belongs on the site, and work-in-progress-
> needing-interaction belongs on the wiki.

My original idea was to generate the documentation from its current
location (at openjpa-project/src/doc/manual/manual.xml), and generate
the site and docs together using the "mvn site" process (the output
of which can be seen at http://people.apache.org/~mprudhom/openjpa/
site/ ). Other people suggested that we keep the site and docs in a
separate, parallel Subversion directory, so I waited to do any
further work until we had come to some consensus on how the project
site and documentation should be handled.

Everything that I've done is currently checked into Subversion,
though. Any changes/additions to the docs can be made to openjpa-
project/src/doc/manual/manual.xml , which I expect we will relocate
to wherever we decide is the best place for it.