openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <>
Subject Creating sandbox branches
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:38:37 GMT
You've probably noticed that I attempted to create a branch for the
OPENJPA-24 work (I've been busy with a conference and some of Abe's changes
were starting to overlap..).  But, when I attempted to create this branch in
a "branches" subdirectory, I got an authentication error with creating the
directory.  As you probably noticed, I was allowed to create the OPENJPA-24
branch at the root level (same level as trunk), but I didn't think that was
appropriate.  (I deleted that one.)

So, what's the scoop with sandbox branches?  Should we be allowed to use
these?  I hope so, since this provides a nice way of sharing and
collaborating on changes that are bigger than a breadbox.  If we agree,
could someone with enough authority create the branches folder so that we
have a place to put them?