openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject JIRA bug tracking of code changes
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:10:31 GMT
Hi,
Looking for some guidance from more experienced Apache developers...

Is there a means of enforcing the SVN commit process to include a JIRA bug
or enhancement number so that the code changes are associated with that
particular bug or enhancement?  I searched some mailing list archives and
found that the Apache Logging project at least investigated this process,
but I couldn't tell if it turned into something real or not.

I know there are tools like SCMBug which provide something like this..
Specifically, I would like to enforce rules similar to the following:

o Enforces that you specify a bug id [#nnnnn] will all commits to SVN (or,
whatever syntax works with JIRA)
o Enforces that you specify a comment with all commits that is at least 10
characters long (or, some arbitrary length)
o Enforces that you have a valid user ID with the Tracker
o Enforces that you have specified a valid bug id (the bug exists and is in
the proper state, e.g. not CLOSED or CANCELLED)

Is this configurable with Apache projects usage of SVN and JIRA?

And, if this is configurable, would OpenJPA be interested in enforcing this
type of mechanism?  I've used these type of processes with other open-source
projects and found the history useful when reviewing old bug reports.

Thanks,
Kevin