openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject JCA Resource Adapter?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:42:35 GMT
According to Section 3 (J2EE Tutorials, specifically 3.2 J2EE Installation
Types), the recommended approach to using OpenJPA in a managed environment
is via the JCA rar file:

JCA: OpenJPA implements the JCA 1.0 spec, and the
openjpa-persistence.rarfile that comes in the
jca/persistence directory of the distribution can be installed as any other
JCA connection resource. This is the preferred way to integrate OpenJPA into
a pre-J2EE 5 environment. It allows for simple installation (usually
involving uploading or copying openjpa-persistence.rar into the application
server's deployment directory), and guided configuration on many appservers.

Is this supposed to be part of the OpenJPA deliverable?  I do not seem to
building the .rar file, nor can I find any reference to the jca/persistence
directory that is mentioned above.  Should I open a JIRA bug for this?

Thanks,
Kevin